Saturday, March 12, 2011

Blue Tree - Art Gallery


I came across this online gallery while just searching for a few pictures of trees(my favorite subject to paint and draw).  Blue Tree Art Gallery offers original works, prints(framed and unframed), as well as greeting cards and calendars. 




 I'm a big fan of mixed media in general, but these whimsical subjects and playful colors really caught my eye.  As I searched around the site more to learn about the artist, Leah Piken Kolidas, I see that she has also been drawn to trees, and for that reason it is one of her main subject matters, and combining that with her favorite color, blue, she came up with the name for her site gallery.  

This site is also great because it offers a large range of art to purchase.  Whether you would like to invest in an original piece for a decent chunk of change, or just would like an "Itty Bitty Kitty" print, starting at only $25.  

No comments:

Post a Comment